When we first came to Goa in 1982 we stayed in a hippie coco hut on Anjuna Beach in North Goa and we loved it. Today we stay at The Leela Resort, South Goa, and we love it more!! For us, Goa is all about the beach, sun and sand.
We also love to dine by the pool and sample top quality cuisine at one of the hotel’s fine restaurants. It is the perfect winding down experience after a hectic sightseeing schedule. My preference is to simply relax within the hotel complex or on the beach, get waited on and sip feni at sunset.
However, there are other things to do which I could perhaps check out next time if I can pry myself off the beach lounger for long enough to brave the traffic.
THINGS TO DO
- Basilica of Bom Jesus a UNESCO World Heritage Site which holds the mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier.
- Konkan Explorers– Boating and kayaking
- Terra Conscious Tours
- Madame Rosa’s Distillery visit the distillery and purchase feni.
- Goa Tourism for more activities
- Yoga Retreats check reviews on sites such as Google and Tripadvisor to verify that the centre has a good reputation
WHERE TO STAY
- The Leela Goa luxury resort on the beach with pool, fine dining & golf course
- Casa da Graça mid range
- Art Prive Resort budget, on Palolem beach
- Village homestays budget
- Homestay.com budget
- Anahata Retreat retreat
To read about my full India trip experience including itinerary, attractions, tips etc please click here