I used my fave Lily Sugar‘n Cream Cotton 10 ply yarn for this project.
I wanted a small purse/pouch to carry a mobile phone, a pen, my glasses of course and perhaps a small notebook. It needed to be quick and easy so I used a pattern that I was familiar with and made it bigger. I followed the mobile cozy pattern but increased the beginning chains to make it 8″ wide. Then added a decorative fold-over flap. The final dimensions of this purse are 8″ x 7.5″ however you can make it any size, perhaps even big enough to be a bag?
It works up in a continuous round so be sure to add your new colour at the edge. One other thing to note is that the flap was not quite big enough so I had to add another row.
Heading home to NZ from Malaysia… and when I got home it was wet wet wet and cold! Great crocheting weather so I have been getting on with my woolly winter projects, more to come soon.
We had a great time in Malaysia with a mix of quiet times at home then crazy, hectic travels around the country. I will be adding posts to my primary blog “Life With Janet” so please follow the link to keep a check.
Thanks for supporting me and if you do happen to make this project please tag me @life.with.janet so I don’t miss a post.
- Pattern for purse rectangle found here.
- Pattern Credit: Lilla Björn
- Pattern for decorative flap found here.
- Pattern credit: Maria Milona
- LilySugar ‘n Cream 10ply, and is available from Ribbon Rose, see link here.
- Lily Sugar and Cream is a natural, soft and absorbent worsted weight yarn of 100% cotton, that comes in a range of colourful, pretty prints. Long-lasting and with fun, also variegated colour prints, this is an ideal yarn for hats, scarves, vests, ponchos, shawls, blankets, cardigans and jumpers
- I bought a few balls of yarn and have lots leftover… need more small projects to use it all up… it would have been a good idea to use scraps (maybe next time).