The recipe for these Hokey Pokey Biscuits is simple and straight forward. Another old fashion recipe also called Golden Syrup Biscuits, I made them last week and served them to a group of friends, one of whom said they tasted just like his mum’s.
I’ll certainly take that as a huge complement!
They contain 4 ingredients… how easy is that?
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Add the softened butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and creamy.
- Add the golden syrup and self raising flour and beat on a low speed until well combined.
- Roll teaspoons full of dough and place on the lined baking tray. Flatten lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool on baking tray.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Well, the recipe is so straight forward and fool proof you will be surprised at how forgiving it is. No tips needed!
Recipe Credit: Edmonds Cookbook
If you make this recipe please tag me so I don’t miss seeing them @life.with.janet