- 2 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g chopped unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Flavour & colour- I used raspberry powder and gel colour, see below
- Separate the eggs
- Heat the egg whites and the caster sugar in a bowl over boiling water (water bath method) and continuously whisk by hand until the temperature of the mix reaches 72°C . I use the Kitchen Aid bowl over a large sauce pan of boiling water.
- Next beat this using the stand mixer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Continue beating when the mix is cooled and slowly add the butter one block at a time until well mixed.
- Add 2 heaped teaspoons of Fresh As raspberry powder, add several drops of Chefmaster Liquid Gel Super Red, mix well. Taste as you go to check for the best flavour and adjust as required.
The helpful folk at Pixie Party Supplies are a great resource and will point you in the right direction for all decorating equipment as well as colouring and flavouring needs. Just look at their stunning sprinkles…
Gosh, the possibilities are endless!
Please tag me @Life.With.Janet so I don’t miss seeing your creations.
Ka kite anō